Yesterday was a very long day! Got there at 1030 and ended up heading back to surgery at around 1230. The worst part for me is how they give you medicine to relax you right before you go in,  and then once you get in the room there are about 7-10 people just staring at you ready for you to fall asleep. It always seems to go by so quick accept for people waiting. Recovery is the worst because you are sore and completely out of it. Everyone is trying to get you to wake up when all you want to do is fall back asleep.

I finally got into my room around 5pm I think and don’t really remember a lot from there. It was not pleasant to try and eat or drink anything, but I managed some ice chips, water, a little Italian ice, and about 5 pasta noodles. It was a rough night by myself as I want really getting a lot of relief from the painkillers at first so it made it pretty miserable just to try to lie down. Eventually the pain was under control with a mixture of Norco’s and morphine, but at that point I had a different nurse in and out of the room about every hour or 2.

 The surgery went as well as could be expected. My surgeon was able to save all of my parathyroid glands and caused no damage to the vocal chord nerves which were the 2 main concerns. And all of my calcium levels checked out again this morning which meant I was discharged around 10 or so.

To be honest I spent most of the day asleep. I slept for about 4 hours when I got home and then went out for about an hour before falling asleep for another 3-4 hours. I’m very sore,  more so than I expected I think and besides my voice sounding very hoarse and weak,  it’s very difficult to both talk for extended periods of time or talk at a normal pitch.  I feel the softer I talk the less painful it is. Food has not been easy,  but I did manage to eat some fish  and butter noodles for dinner. Now it is just a matter of getting used to the synthroid medicine which I’m hoping goes smoothly. 

All in all things went great and now it’s taking the recovery process 1 step at a time and waiting for the pathology results to come back. Not sure when I will get those but hopefully next week. Then it’s just endo and surgeon follow up both on the 31st of this month. 

Thank you for all the support and prayers, I truly feel they were heard! Sorry for no update yesterday after surgery,  I didn’t think it would be a great idea to have a drugged rambling idiot posting. Now I take it day by day and hope to continue to get positive results. Oh yeah and that my voice will eventually stay working again soon and that I can move from an all soft diet!  Baby steps though,  I get it, right now it is managing the pain and keeping the incision from getting infected. Again,  thanks for all the support and I will continue to post as I can! 

Love to you all, until tomorrow!